Whether you’re a newly formed or a long established voluntary or community group in Oldham or Tameside, you’re invited to formerly join Action Together CIO. Membership is FREE.
Action Together is a member based organisation that supports local community action in Oldham and Tameside by promoting the interests of the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector.
As a member group you will:
- Receive an invitation to the Annual General Meeting and are entitled to seek nomination to our Board of Trustees as well as vote on important decisions for the organisation.
- Have access to free training and bespoke workshops on topics ranging from business planning, writing funding bids, safeguarding compliance, supporting volunteers and how to use social media.
- Receive support with organisational development; such as choosing a suitable constitution, developing your aims and objectives, building a business plan and fundraising strategy, applying for funds, and creating a dynamic and effective committee.
- Have help to achieve our quality assurance awards; ‘Quality in Action’ and ‘Volunteering in Action Quality Award’, which are a pathway to local funding.
- Receive regular information about changes to the operating environment relevant to you and other items that interest you such as funding news and training.
- Have opportunities to meet other organisations in your area, work closer with others and receive peer support.
- Have opportunities to have a say and be involved in decision making about the things you care about.
- Be included in our online service directory that will be open for groups, funders, and potential users to find out more.
- Showcase the work your group is doing through our regular publications e.g. newsletter, ebulletin.
- Advertise jobs through our extensive networks.
- Attend our volunteer coordinator forums.
- Advertise your volunteer opportunities – on social media and our website.
- Upload and manage your volunteering opportunities through our interactive website.
- Get bespoke advice on managing volunteers.
- Be eligible for team building days to support your group.
To become a member all you need to do is complete this form and return it to:
Post: Membership, Action Together, 95 - 97 Penny Meadow, Ashton-under-Lyne, OL6 6EP
If your group is already a member of Action Together please get in touch to make sure our information is, detailed, up to date, relevant as we are able to showcase your work through our new and exciting ‘online – directory’.
If you have any queries, please contact the development team on email@example.com or call 0161 339 2345.