Save the Children is looking for a proactive and solutions-focused individual to join the charity as community coordinator, Small-Shaw Hurst Children’s Community and support the executive lead in leading the development and implementation of the Children’s Community.
Working in more than 120 countries, Save the Children do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Its UK and Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-laterals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As community coordinator you will provide logistical and administrative support to the executive lead, the board and major stakeholders of the Small-Shaw Hurst Children’s Community. You will also project manage distinct pieces of work including the introduction of new programmes and initiatives. In addition, you will:
- Support the executive lead with project planning, implementation and coordination
- Be the first and key point of contact for Children’s Community, providing information and guidance where appropriate
- Deal effectively with all programme inquiries in a timely manner, ensuring all stakeholders can access and receive relevant information
- Support the executive lead with the preparation of external communications and key messages
- Represent the executive lead where appropriate
To be successful you will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) with extensive professional experience leading and delivering complex initiatives. You should also have excellent project management skills with experience of working with multiple partners and agencies across communities to deliver shared outcomes. In addition, you will have:
- Experience of setting up and maintaining administrative systems, processes and databases
- Ability to manage multiple demands with limited direction
- Excellent verbal, written and presenting skills and the ability to analyse complex data
- High level of attention to detail.
At Save the Children the mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share its mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: Sunday 20 May 2018
Interviews: Friday 8 June 2018
Division: Global Programmes
Department: UK Programmes
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Full / Part Time: Full-time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Closing Date: 20 May 2018
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000
Hours Per Week: 35 Hours