Veterans in Communities (VIC) is recruiting a project worker.
Base: Veterans in Communities has an office in Haslingden where you are expected to spend approximately 1 day per week. The majority of the time should be spent in Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 p.a. based on experience and skills. Initially funded until 31 March 2019. Possible extension for a further 2 years
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Identifying, registering and supporting ex-service and emergency services personnel within Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale, with specific attention to those identified through the 6 Integrated Neighbourhood Teams.
Working arrangements: Flexibility to allow out of normal hours working
Core responsibilities and tasks:
- Delivering VIC services and activities as an integral part of the Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale Integrated Neighbourhood Team (HMR INT)
- Working with ex-service personnel identified through the INTs and other outreach work, to identify need , develop and implement solutions, report on the impact and outcomes achieved
- Identify and support ‘Veterans Champions’ within the INTs
- Work towards shared cross-referral, integrated services and holistic support for VIC members within the HMR INT
- Develop and deliver training and awareness sessions on ex-services and ex-emergency services personnel to all teams within the HMR INT, including community and hospital based teams, GP surgeries, emergency services and third sector partners
- Develop, implement and oversee a weekly outreach programme in Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale
- Providing one-to-one support, including action plans, signposting, onward referral and outcome monitoring, to members as required
- Delivering monthly information sessions in 3 health venues within Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale, including out of hours when required
- Supporting and managing volunteers in providing outreach and identifying and registering ex-services personnel, referring to specialist agencies, referring into other VIC services and monitoring the work carried out
- Signposting individuals and organisations to existing VIC programmes
- Developing partnerships with other organisations for the benefit of VIC members
- Enabling VIC members to develop as volunteers and participate in the delivery of VIC services, including outreach, information sessions and peer support.
- Development and facilitation of peer support groups, in conjunction with other VIC staff and volunteers
- Supporting the delivery of services across VIC, including out of hours activities and core services at the Haslingden base
- Monitoring and evaluation of work carried out
- Adopting a working style, manner, model and attitude that meets the needs of VIC
- Safeguarding is a priority within VIC and you are expected to read, understand and adhere to the Safeguarding Policy. You must complete all mandatory safeguarding training and any other training identified. In particular you must
- be alert to the potential indicators of abuse or neglect for children and adults and know how to act on those concerns in line with local guidance
- recognise the importance of sharing information, in confidence and with a lead person, regarding concerns they have about a colleague’s behavior
- minimise any potential risk to children or vulnerable adults.
- A commitment to the ethos and values of Veterans in Communities
- Any other duties commensurate with the role and project
Some evening and weekend work may be required for which time off in lieu is given.
Holiday entitlement is 22 working days (pro rata) plus 10 statutory days per annum.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
All applications should be sent to Amanda Walton, VIC Centre, 12 Bury Road, Haslingden, BB4 5PL or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must arrive by 12 noon on Monday 20 August. If posting, please ensure the correct postage is used as VIC will not redeem applications with underpaid postage
Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 27 August 2018.
Registered Address; VIC Centre, 12 Bury Road, Haslingden, Rossendale, BB4 5PL
Tel: 01706 833180; Website: www.vic.org.uk
Company Limited by Guarantee No: 8230197
Registered Charity No: 1151194