Aims/priorities: Grants are available to a range of organisations for music projects in England that increase the number of children and young people across England who have the opportunity to take part in high-quality musical activities, particularly those who are experiencing challenging cirumstances and who face barriers to music making. The Foundation currently offers two levels of funding:
- Fund A - smaller grants for high-quality projects that will help to achieve the Foundation's vision for a musically inclusive England.
- Fund B - medium-sized grants for high-quality, sustained projects that expand and embed musically inclusive practice within and beyond the applicant's organisation.
Grants are available to support:
- Music-making for children and young people facing barriers
- Strategic work supporting the development of the workforce, organisations, and/or the wider sector.
Match funding is required. Visit the website for a breakdown of the rates.
Who can apply? Charitable and non-profit organisations in the UK
Grant amount: The following funds are currently available:
Fund A - grants of between £2,000 and £30,000 are available for between six and 24 months.
Fund B - the following grants are available for programmes lasting between 18 and 48 months:
- £30,001 to £100,000 for projects of 18 months or more.
- £100,001 to £150,000 for projects of 24 months or more.
- £150,001 to £200,000 for projects of 36 months or more.
NB Organisations wishing to apply for more than £150,000 must contact Youth Music to discuss their proposal at least six weeks before the Expression of Interest deadline.
Application process: Applications to Fund A are accepted three times a year and there is a single-stage application process. There is a two-stage application process for Fund B applications. Fund B applicants who are successful at the expression of interest stage will be invited to submit a full application. Application forms are available to complete online at the Youth Music Network website.
Deadline: The next deadlines for both funds are as follows:
- Fund A applications is 4 December 2020 (17:00).
- Fund B expression of interest applications is 2 October 2020 (17:00), with a full application deadline of 4 December 2020.
Contact information: Tel 0207 902 1060 Email email@example.com
Website address: network.youthmusic.org.uk