Aims/priorities: Grants are available to registered charities in the UK for projects that support education, environmental protection, arts, culture, heritage, science, poverty and disability relief, citizenship and community development. Applications must address at least one of the ScottishPower Foundation's strategic aims:
- Education, training and research - to support education, training and research in general, prioritising innovation in order to contribute to energy sustainability.
- Biodiversity and climate change - to support the protection of the environment and to enhance biodiversity; to actively contribute in the fight against climate change.
- Art and culture - to protect and safeguard artistic and cultural heritage by promoting conservation and restoration of the arts and supporting local development.
- Social initiatives - to contribute to sustainable human development by supporting the most vulnerable people and groups.
The Foundation particularly welcomes applications that will support the most vulnerable people in society.
Projects must also address one or more of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
- No poverty.
- Zero hunger.
- Good health and wellbeing.
- Quality education.
- Gender equality.
- Clean water and sanitation.
- Affordable and clean energy.
- Decent work and economic growth.
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure.
- Reduced inequalities.
- Sustainable cities and communities.
- Responsible consumption and production.
- Climate action.
- Life below water.
- Life on land.
- Peace, justic and strong institutions.
- Partnerships for the goals.
Funding is for the delivery of specific projects and not for general unrestricted running costs. This can include salary costs.
Who can apply? Charities registered with one of the UK charity regulators for at least one full year are eligible to apply.
Grant amount: Between £35,000 and £200,000 are available. Grants are available for one year only. Projects must start during 2021 and be completed within 12 months.
Application process: Applications can be made on the funders website.
Deadline: 24 September 2020 (1pm).
Contact information: Email email@example.com
Website address: www.scottishpower.com