The Morrisons Foundation Trustees is making £500,000 available through the Homeless Support Fund to support charities caring for the homeless during the coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak and ensure help gets to those who need it most.
The funding is for homeless people who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 because they are more likely to have underlying health conditions and are less able to access basic sanitation. For those who are sleeping rough or are in a crowded night shelter, it is impossible to self-isolate and maintain social distance.
- Be registered with the Commission/OSCR for a minimum of one year and have filed their documents (ie trustee's reports and financial accounts) on time.
- Work directly with homeless people and provide support of one or more of the areas the fund cover.
- Accept payment electronically over the phone (by credit card or BACS).
Registered charities who care for the homeless can apply for support to cover the following broad areas:
- Outreach and support for rough sleepers, including provision of essentials.
- Delivery of services in hostels and shelters.
- Information and advice.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Salaries and other running costs to support ongoing service deliver.
- Expeditions, recreation or overseas travel.
- Fundraising events.
- Work that is primarily the statutory responsibility of public agencies.
- Promotion of religious or political messaging.
- Event sponsorship.
- Advertising, promotion or marketing of events or services.
- Overseas appeals.
- Conferences or seminars.
- Equipment which will be retained by individuals rather than the charity.
- Animal charities, unless the aim is to improve the lives of vulnerable or disadvantaged individuals.
- Projects being delivered outside of England, Scotland or Wales.
- Sports-based charities, unless the aim is to improve the lives of vulnerable or disadvantaged individuals.
- Projects which could harm the reputation of the Foundation.
An online application form can be found on the Foundation's website and the name of the project should be 'COVID-19 Homeless Support Fund'.
Applications will be assessed on a weekly basis and accepted until the fund is depleted. After this time, homeless charities can apply to the established grant funding process.
Contact the Morrisons Foundation for further information.