Aims/priorities: The funding aims to provide emergency financial assistance to local homelessness organisations, preventing closure, service cuts or staff redundancies threatened by increased operational costs and a loss of fundraised income due to the Coronavirus.
It will also support organisations that have needed to expand or adapt their services in light of COVID-19 to support people experiencing homelessness safely and effectively.
Grants must be for revenue expenditure only.
Who can apply?
- Incorporated registered charity, CIO, Community Benefit Society or CIC (with asset lock)
- Organisation is already working to end homelessness and rough sleeping.
- Organisation currently works directly with people experiencing homelessness and more than 50% of its beneficiaries are people experiencing homelessness.
- Proposed activity is in line with the organisation’s charitable mission/purpose.
- Small to medium sized organisation (up to £5 mission annual income).
- Organisations with forecasted unrestricted cash reserves below 3 months operating costs following the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will not fund organisations who received funding in round one.
Grant amount: Not specified
Application process: Online application form accessed from their website.
Deadline: There are two deadlines for the National Lottery Community Fund funding stream:
- 3 August 2020; decisions made in early September, funds distributed by the end of September.
- 14 September 2020; decisions made in mid-October, funds distributed by the end of November.
Awards must be spent within six months of receipt of funds or by 19 April 2021.
Website address: www.homeless.org.uk/