Aims/priorities: Covid-19 Community-Led Organisations Recovery Scheme offers grants to community organisations in England who are facing financial difficulties caused by Covid-19. The scheme is aimed at organisations delivering services in their local community to support people who are at high risk from Covid-19, with an emphasis on Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME)-led or BAME-supporting businesses.
The funding must be used to:
- help people and communities experiencing disproportionate challenge and difficulty as a result of the COVID-19 crisis
- provide services and support for vulnerable people, for which there will be increased demand as a result of the COVID-19 crisis
This funding is intended to cover the essential costs of sustaining current services or refocusing services to address more immediate beneficiary needs, which may include:
- Contribution to staff salaries
- Project (specific to this fund) related expenses
- Running costs/overheads (due to loss of income or new activities)
- Training and development (Staff or Volunteers) directly related to the Project (specific to this fund)
- Measures to ensure social distancing
- New/ improved systems (for example, itemised software purchases)
- Small equipment (itemised)
- Small refurbishments/ adaptions needed for social distancing measures
Who can apply? Organisations must be:
- a registered, exempt or excepted charity, Community Interest Company or
- Community Benefit Society, registered with the relevant regulator; or
- a social enterprise, being: company limited by shares, a company limited by guarantee or a co-operative society organisation: or
- constituted, being: a charitable trust or a constituted not-for-profit group.
Grant amount: We expect applicants to apply for a grant that is proportionate to the total annual income of their organisation. So:
- Total income less than £50,000: expected grant size £10,000
- Total income between £50,000 and £100,000: expected grant size £25,000
- Total income between £100,000 and £500,000: expected grant size £50,000
- Total income between £500,000 and £1,000,000: expected grant size £75,000
- Total income over £1,000,000: expected grant size £100,000
The maximum grant for unincorporated organisations is £10,000.
You can request a grant that is bigger or smaller than the expected grant size for your organisation but you will need to explain why. Grants cannot exceed £100,000.
Application process: Two stage application form available on Power to Change website. A preview of the application form is available in their guidance notes
Deadline: The recovery scheme will open on Tuesday 28 July for applications from 10am till 1pm. And then for a further two rounds on Tuesday 4 August from 10am till 1pm and Tuesday 11 August from 10am till 1pm.
Website address: www.powertochange.org.uk/