The Shed (Tameside) is recruiting a coordinator. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to get involved with a rewarding local organisation to grow and develop the range of provision the organisation offers.
The Shed (Tameside) is a movement for older people and offer a place to meet up, learn and share skills and make new friends. It has a range of activities on offer from developing working, cooking and IT skills to participating in sporting and musical memories sessions. Its aim is to create a socially engaging place for people to come to have fun, to improve their mental health and wellbeing and to age better.
The skills we are looking for:
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Ability to work with people with long-term health conditions including dementia
- Basic bookkeeping.
- Business planning experience
- Completing statutory returns
- Completing and presenting management reports
- Experience of applying health and safety legislation and safe working practices
What the Shed can offer you:
- Initially, three paid days (18 hours) per week increasing with experience
- Pay scale £12 per hour increasing with experience
- Training for first aid, dementia awareness, safeguarding, Microsoft Office Software etc.
- Support of current incumbent for about 12 months
The Shed welcomes interested persons to call into the Shed for a visit and an informal chat.
A Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced Disclosure check may be undertaken for this role.
Click here to download the person specification.
Click here to download the job description.
Click here to download the application form.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Wednesday 30 September 2020
Contact Mike on mobile: 07984037920 or Tel: (0161) 3684974 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org