Aims/priorities: The grants programme supports a broad range of creative and cultural projects that benefit people living in England. Projects can range from directly creating and delivering creative and cultural activity to projects which have a longer term positive impact, such as organisational development, research and development and sector support and development.
The funding is for projects that are focused on one or more of the following disciplines:
- Visual arts.
- Combined arts - including festivals and carnivals.
- Museum practice (accredited museums only).
- Libraries (for activities that deliver against at least one of the four Universal Library Offers: Creativity and Culture; Reading; Information and Digital; Health and Wellbeing).
Grants can support projects where the capital-specific expenditure in a project totals less than £100,000. This includes:
- Applications for capital work only, where that capital work will cost up to £100,000.
- Applications for a mix of activities that include some capital spending where the total cost of the capital work is less than £100,000.
- Applications must meet the programme’s four criteria: Quality, Public engagement, Finance and Management.
Who can apply? Individuals and organisations can apply.
Organisations refers to a group of people working towards a common goal with a governing document that covers the type of project being applied. This could be, for example, a charity, a limited company or an unincorporated group. Examples would be arts organisations, museums, libraries, Music Education Hubs, and organisations that use the arts in their work.
All organisations need to have a bank account in the organisation’s name, with two signatories.
Limited companies and registered charities need to have a registered office in the UK.
Grant amount: Grants of between £1,000 and £100,000 are available.
The funding can support projects lasting up to a maximum of three years.
Application process: Applications are made using Arts Council England’s Grantium system.
Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
Website address: www.artscouncil.org.uk/projectgrants