Aims/priorities: The aim of the Hope Beyond grants programme is to enable churches and Christian charities to meet changing needs within their communities as the longer-term impact of the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis becomes clearer.
The funding is for innovative, impactful projects that will enable people, organisations and communities to flourish in life after lockdown, building resilience and encouraging hope.
Projects that address at least one of the following three key themes are eligible:
- Projects responding to the issues of loneliness and isolation exacerbated by the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic where new and/or enhanced support is being proposed. This could include enabling improved accessibility to buildings/activities and measures to ensure buildings are coronavirus/COVID-19 safe.
- Projects focused on growing community resilience and promoting mental and emotional health and wellbeing, including the provision of mental health and wellbeing support groups and 1:1 counselling for people of all ages (including clergy).
- Projects focused on growing technological capability and resilience, particularly increasing digital capacity and provision, and supporting those without online access to get online through training and support.
The grants are to be used to implement new ways of working and introduce new and/or enhanced support and activities to meet changing need as a direct response to the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic. The grants can cover:
- Capital costs, such as adaptation of buildings and the purchase of equipment.
- Project-related salaries and some other revenue costs (to the end of 2021), such as training of staff and/or volunteers, hire of buildings and/or equipment, and promotion and marketing of new activities.
Who can apply? Churches, cathedrals and Christian denominational bodies, and Christian charities
Grant amount: Grants of up to £50,000 are available.
Application process: The online application form, guidance documents and FAQs can be found on the Trust's website.
Deadline: There is no deadline. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all the funding has been allocated.
Website address: www.allchurches.co.uk/what-we-fund/hopebeyond/